Hello!
look at that I'm up at the same time..ha ha, sorry I didn't write last night when I got home. I just plopped on the couch, ate some homemade veg. soup and fell asleep. Oh but I woke up at 10:50 to see who Tila Tequilla picked. She picked the boy, Bobby, figures.
I woke up now b/c I was finally able to go the bathroom(heard its hard to pee after surgery) ahha how's that open for ya ;).
We left for the surgery center at 8:30. My mom had taken Leo to his over night slumber party..hmpf. Parking was horrible, as usual, we had to go to the next parking garage..its okay tho, b/c when we got to the waiting room..that is what I did wait for about 30 min before they called me back. The lady who was my pre-nurse, didn't speak english..hardly..so i was freaking out. They even kicked my dad out at first, I didn't like that. So I did what she told me, came back in changed into my robe and jumped into the bed. She then announced in front of my mom "well your not pregnant." i was like well that's great, thank you. She was like 'Mom would kill you" we both just laughed. She did the rest of my regular check up, like blood pressure, check the ears, lol. And then it happened. My anxiety kicked in. My chest got so tight. And tears just started to run out of my eyes. They went and told the anesthesiologist that was going to do my IV that i was having problems.
When she came in, she was amazing. they wrapped my arm in towels(this was the part Nate was telling me about.) Then she massaged my arm and numbed the spot and then put my IV in. Her and my mom talked to me the whole time, I stressed a little, but I did pretty good! I didn't pass out!
At that point my mom walked about to go get my dad, but when she came to the door she said " I have someone who is here to see you" And in walked Nathaniel. I started crying the minute I saw him. I was so happy he was there. He came right up to me, hugged me and asked if I was okay. He stood right by my side for the rest of the time. Even when other people came in, such as his momma, aunt and papaw, Nate never walked away. I was so happy that they all came and saw me. It meant sooo much to me. The nurse came in and put some anxiety medicine in my IV, she said it would make me loopy and it did. Ha ha. I had some really good laughs with them before I had to go in. It was very comforting.
Then it was my dads turn, so me, Nate, my mom and dad were just hanging out until the orderly Alvin came in to wheel me away. He was a character. Like a baptist preacher. Talking about God, and pointing up to the sky...(I'm like what are they going to read me my last rights?) He kept saying I had a great team waiting for me..I was in tears during all this. The minute he walked in. He lead a prayer..this is mine and my dads favorite thing..when people pray..we always peek at each other..today was no different. Then I had to say my goodbyes....this part was very nice. I had the three people I love more than anything around me, and it was a wonderful feeling..Once I could get passed the feeling of fright. Alvin wheeled me out singing "she'll be comin round the mountain when she comes" Oh man. He talked allllll the way to the OR.
At this point I was bombarded by three anesthesiologist assistants. They were amazing. They put me at easy immediately. They moved me over to the operating table and put the sticker circles on me..they were cold. And I don't remember anything past that.
I woke up in recovery. I layed there in the open area. and tried to talk to anyone who walked past. They weren't impressed by me. ha ha. I was hooked to this machine that when my breathing was irregular it beeped..It beeped alot. I just kept telling Becky, the nurse, I wanted to see my family. So when I was able to, they wheeled me into my room. EVERYONE came in. (i cried at that moment too) The whole gang. Momma, Nathaniel, Rhonda, Nay and Papaw. I couldn't believe they waited the whole time. WOW. I don't think they will every understand who much it meant to me that they could be there, and that they gave up pretty much their whole day to spend it waiting for me. My dad had to leave during surgery. He felt awful, I feel bad that he felt bad, but I was NOT upset, he had to go! I love him.
Again Nathaniel stood by my side and just held my hand. Nay and Papaw walked out and my mom went to find the Doctor. Rhonda went to find her. My mom came back in and Nate and Rhonda left for a little bit. The nurse came in and wanted to take me up the crutch therapy. I sat in the wheel chair and got so nauseous. I had to lay back down for a little bit. So when I was ready, my mom was w/ the Doctor so Nate went up with me. This part was challenging. It is hard to learn to use crutches to walk up and down stairs. I was very frustrated. Willie was my driver.. he was so nice :) He took me back to my room and I had to go quick because I was feeling sick. At this point it was time for my visitors to leave. They had been there allll day and needed to get home. I said my goodbyes and then the nurse gave me something for my nauseous feeling. It made me REALLY tired. I passed out right away, with a few interruptions to eat the crackers so I could take my pain medicine before I left. Them crackers were GOOOOOD :). When I finally got enough food in my stomach I took the pill and waited a half n hour, then got dressed and was able to finally go home. I got to the car and we were off! :) It felt so good to be home, I layed right down on the floor. My grandparents came over with the soup. I had some, then passed out.
So here I am now. I have some funny stories about yesterday, ask me when you see me. Thank you everyone for being there for me, I couldn't ask for a better group of people around me. I was so nervous about my first surgery and knowing I have amazing support is so comforting!
until next time
xoxo the baby :)
Jasa Bimbingan Skripsi Karawang
10 years ago

9 comments:
I am so glad that everything went good and that you had all of the support that you needed. Now you need to have a speedy recovery because it isn't the same here without you!!!
Get some rest and I hope you feel better soon!
Woooowhooo! See it's all over & I bet you didn't even have an "AWAKE" episode did ya? I, like Megan, am very glad everything went smoothly & now it's time to get back to work. HA! Just kidding, take it easy & soak in all the pampering.
P.S. that blue colored type practically made my eyes cross - give us old people a break & use a darker font will ya? lol SMOOTCHES ;)
Amy, I am so glad that things went well for you yesterday. You did a good job and I am proud of you! If you need us to send you a bell for when you need your Mom and Dad, let me know!
Amy, we are so proud of you! I told you that everything was going to be fine. You did a great job and it sounds like you were well entertained (like you would have been had you been here.) ;-) I have to say that mail opening is just not the same without you. Krista is not into the "return to sender" song like you were, but she is happy to help. Everyone misses you, but we are all doing well.
I agree with Julie...wow, that blue was difficult to read! May I suggest a darker font as well? I don't want to quash your creativity, but I don't want to go blind either!!!!!
Hope your first day home is going well. Loving the blog.
If you get a chance today, check out on youtube.com "straight no chaser". It will make you laugh and laughing is good for the recovery process.
Talk to you soon!
oops...I needed to be more specific about that youtube video since this group has posted several clips. Here is the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Fe11OlMiz8
Amy
Now the fun part starts, sitting around and watching General Hospital. Kelly can't stop us from talking about it this way. Ha Ha!! Did they really have to kill off Georgie too?
I am glad you are already back home and doing well.
I am with Julie and Kelly, give us old folk a break.(and by old folk- I mean Kelly and I) My bifocals can't take it !!!!!
Personally, I think they should just kill off everyone on General Hospital. Hee hee. I think Port Charles should just fall into the sea (lake) or wherever that show is filmed.... ;-)
Amy, you will have to keep us up to date on all the celebrity gossip aka Jamie Lynn Spears as a baby momma!
SORRY!! I'm so late on checking the blog today. The mail guy said that we are getting the most $$ this week. I'm not sure if he is holding a candle up to our envelopes or what but he says "makin a wish wish" today. haha
This liquid diet sounds better than the gross lemonade one! I'm so glad that you were calm and are home and happy Ame. Love ya!!
ps. Jenn is so right about the bell!
Ames,
I am happy to see that you are home and relaxin... I miss you already! Jeremy really wants to know when we can come visit--but at least this time he didn't try to plan any unknown welcome home parties at your parents--like he accustomed to doing :) He (and I of course) are glad you didn't succumb to the vasil-vega haha.
Love you!
Post a Comment