Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I boycotted my blog for a few weeks

Hello world,
Well it has been a very eventful holiday season. My grandma had a biopsy on the tumor on her brain on Christmas Eve. She came home from the hospital on Christmas Day. It was a very different holiday, to say the least. Since her surgery she continued to get worse and her whole body was shutting down. She couldn't even walk, eat or do anything for herself, so my uncle and mom decided to admit her to the hospital on New Years Day. While there they did an MRI and saw her brain was bleeding. They life flighted her to the Cleveland Clinic where she has been ever since. Yesterday she had surgery to remove as much of the tumor as they could. I didn't get to see her while I was there because she was still sleeping, but wow talk about an emotional couple of days. At one point we thought she might be gone in 72 hours if she didn't have the surgery right away. I have really come to realize how important my family is to me, and how important my relationships with them are. It makes my want to have a big family some day even stronger. I can't wait til that day comes :)

No comments:

Powered By Blogger