Friday, February 27, 2009

Moving on

So after two years, I decided it was time to move on from the Make a Wish foundation, and move towards a carreer where I can show case more of my abilities and strength. Oddly enough, I had no mixed feelings about leaving. It almost felt like I couldn't wait to get out the door. I was that ready to start a new chapter in my life. Do I feel bad about that? No, because it is about darn time I am excited that much about something! As for my co-workers, I know I will stay in touch with the ones I formed a relationship with. Heck, five of the girls who left before me I still keep in contact with, even if it is just through facebook, email or texting. It is nice to know you have left an impact in someones life and they are sad to see you go. Make a Wish will always have a special place in my heart because of my sisters wish, and I will always continue to support this wonderful foundation by participating in the Walk for Wishes and making donations, however I feel my interest in non-profits is begining to switch to those who raise money for cancer research. Such as relay for life. After this year and finding out that four straight generations of women in my family have gotten cancer that can all be linked to a genetic trait, make me more deterimined than ever to help the cause of finding a cure

Some of my favorite memories of Make a Wish













No comments:

Powered By Blogger