So welcome to the land of a quarter life crisis. What does that mean you ask? Well normally at my age or (mid 20's to early 30's) we as women start to feel the pressure to have our lives settled down. We are at this point in our lives suppossed to know what we want to do with our carreer, found a fabulous man to marry and may even be begining a family. However most women my age have not began that process yet. We may have nailed one or two of those big ticket items,
but perhaps are feeling the rush to finish the trio off. This is a quarter life crisis. Our society has created it for us, with love movies and celebrities having it all. And even our mothers and grandmothers generation has given us a false idea of what our lives should really be. Well I have decided that they are wrong. I entered my quarter life crisis feeling scared and alone, but I have come to find that I am turning into the woman I want to be, and have done this with out the help of a guy, children and even taking a few years to find what I want to be when I grow up. I am embracing this time in my life and am so looking forward to what life is going to bring me. I have found you are your own best friend, and you and only you alone can get you through anything. I know I'll start to feel like I'm running out of time now and then, but the key is to just relax, take every day in as a blessing and get through it with a smile on your face. Because in the end, this is the only time in your life where you can take your time and figure it out. And I am enjoying the process :)
but perhaps are feeling the rush to finish the trio off. This is a quarter life crisis. Our society has created it for us, with love movies and celebrities having it all. And even our mothers and grandmothers generation has given us a false idea of what our lives should really be. Well I have decided that they are wrong. I entered my quarter life crisis feeling scared and alone, but I have come to find that I am turning into the woman I want to be, and have done this with out the help of a guy, children and even taking a few years to find what I want to be when I grow up. I am embracing this time in my life and am so looking forward to what life is going to bring me. I have found you are your own best friend, and you and only you alone can get you through anything. I know I'll start to feel like I'm running out of time now and then, but the key is to just relax, take every day in as a blessing and get through it with a smile on your face. Because in the end, this is the only time in your life where you can take your time and figure it out. And I am enjoying the process :)

1 comment:
Amy, you are exactly right and from a woman who went through exactly that, I can say I wouldn't trade my single time in my twenties for the world, even though it wasn't easy! I'm proud of you for having such wisdom!:) I miss you like crazy here...
Julie
Post a Comment